Sunday 2 September 2018

My washing line

Friends and family have long known that I have a slight obsession with laundry. I love doing both washing and ironing. What may be new to them is my love of washing lines! Andrew's Godmother has a watercolour of a washing line which I covet. I have countless photographs of other people's washing lines (that sounds wrong doesn't it?). Imagine my excitement when I stumbled across this street in Sicily.


When I hang my washing out, it has to be colour co-ordinated. After I took this photograph I swapped the two garments on the left around!


For me the view of the village is enhanced by seeing other peoples' washing.


I took this photograph in the old town the other day, I can't help feeling they bought the blue top by mistake. Or maybe it was a gift from someone who was trying to extend the colour in their wardrobe!



Our washing line is a traditional French one, you can still buy these concrete style posts with the triple lines. I think it has the best view I have ever had when pegging out, although I have to try and put something large in front of my lingerie or the whole village will see!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Sweet was the walk along the narrow lane...

 is the opening line of William Wordworth's poem about walking and it's so relevant to our region of Corrèze. When we bought the hou...