Thursday 29 March 2018

Struggles in the kitchen

Cooking is something I've always done to relax, give me an afternoon of jam and chutney making and I'm a happy woman. Anything with the description 'slow cooking' makes it into the recipe folder, but at the moment I'm struggling with my kitchen. But this week I found a recipe that inspired me to spend some time at the hob. Channa Masala with spinach and spicy mango chutney. And it was good!


Since we moved here in November, and for the foreseeable future, my kitchen leaves a lot to be desired. Worktop space the size of an A4 piece of paper and no oven, just a one ring induction hob, a halogen grill and a slow cooker - it's tricky. With this recipe I could make the chutney and masala a head of time, cook the rice and let it stand while I quickly reheated the masala. This recipe is definitely a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Sweet was the walk along the narrow lane...

 is the opening line of William Wordworth's poem about walking and it's so relevant to our region of Corrèze. When we bought the hou...